Makes approximately 25 2” round cookies
3/4 cup Confectioner’s sugar
½ cup (or 1 stick) Unsalted butter, cut into cubes
1 ¾ cup All-purpose flour
3 Large egg yolks
2 tablespoons Zentei Matcha
1/4 cup mixture of white and black sesame seeds
1 cup granulated sugar (for coating)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk the confectioner’s sugar and Zentei Matcha together in a bowl.
- Add the butter and Matcha/sugar mixture to the bowl of a stand mixer. Mix until smooth and light in color.
- Add the flour and sesame seeds and mix until well combined.
- Add the egg yolks and mix until the eggs are fully incorporated and a mass forms.
- Form the dough into a ball and chill in the refrigerator until firm (about 30 minutes).
- Roll the dough out to ½” thickness.
- Cut the dough with a cookie cutter (you can use a juice glass if you want).
- Toss each cut cookie in a bowl of granulated sugar to coat.
- Place cookies on a parchment lined pan.
- Bake at 350F for 12-15 minutes, or until slightly golden around the edges.