2 Eggs, at room temperature
60g confectioners’ sugar
70g almond flour
1 tablespoon Zentei Matcha powder
15g all-purpose flour
2 egg whites, at room temperature
1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
25g white granulated sugar
½ packaged cream cheese
240 ml heavy cream
60g confectioner’s sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a 12 x 16 baking pan with shortening. Line with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, confectioners’ sugar, and almond flour. Using a hand-held mixer, whisk until most of the lumps are gone. Sift in Zentei Matcha powder until smooth. Set aside.
- Whip egg whites to froth. Add cream of tartar and granulated sugar, whipping constantly.
- Sift all-purpose flour over the first mixture. Scoop half of the egg whites into the mixture and fold carefully with a spatula. Do the same with the remaining egg whites.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and spread evenly using a dough scraper.
- Bake in the over for around 5 minutes until cake is firm.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a cooling rack. With a serrated knife, cut the cake evenly into three pieces.
For the filing: whisk cream cheese and sugar together until smooth. Add the heavy cream and whip until creamy. Chill the filling for about an hour to firm up.
Assembly: Take the first layer and spread with the filling. Repeat with the rest. Top the cake with strawberries.
- Refrigerate before serving.