1 cup flour
½ teaspoon instant yeast
½ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons of Zentei Matcha Green Tea Powder
¼ cup unsalted butter
⅔ cup crème fraîche
3 egg yolks
1¼ cups sugar
¼ cup raspberries (can use frozen)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, salt, yeast and Zentei Matcha.
- Melt the butter in a small pot. Add the crème fraîche to the butter and whisk; remove from heat.
- Using electric beaters or a food processor, whip the eggs, yolks and sugar until the mixture is white and thick. With a spatula, gradually fold in the dry ingredients. Then add the crème fraîche/butter mixture. (If the result is very thick, you can reheat it a tad.)
- Pour half of the mixture into a buttered cake pan. Distribute half of the raspberries into the batter. Pour the rest of the mixture into the pan, and then add the second half of the raspberries, using your fingers to press them just below the surface.
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes until lightly golden and a toothpick or wooden skewer inserted comes out clean.