Green Tea Cupcakes
2 ½ cups cake flour, sifted
1 ¼ cups sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
½ cup vegetable oil
3 tablespoons Zentei Matcha
2 teaspoons almond extract
Green Tea Frosting
1 ½ sticks (6 oz) unsalted butter, softened
2 ½ cups confectioners’ sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon Zentei Matcha
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a muffin pan with 24 cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt until thoroughly blended.
- Whisk milk and oil together, and add the dry ingredients. Beat for 2 minutes on medium speed. Add the Zentei Matcha powder, almond extract and eggs and beat again for 2 minutes on medium speed. Pour the batter into the pans, filling three-quarters of the way full.
- Bake about 15 minutes, until cupcakes test done.
- Allow cupcakes to cool completely.
For the icing: Place the butter in the bowl of an electric stand mixer. Add one-third of the sugar and blend well. Add the remaining sugar one-third at a time, blending well between each addition. Add in the milk and Zentei Matcha powder and beat until light and fluffy.
Assembly: Add the buttercream to a large pastry bag and starting in the center of the cupcake, swirl around with even pressure and release as you pull up to form a peak and soft tip.